Friday, September 9, 2011

OGRES!

Alright, sorry for the delay school, family life, PAINTING A NEW ARMY the usual.

What we have for you today is the first two core units and lord choice of the joint Dissentingdice Ogre army.

The Big Horn Mercenary Company. Though I'm sure the lovely shade of orange will get groans from local players. 

You can see it a little closer here. For our international readers( so cool that we have those) this is as close to University of Texas (my alma mater) burnt orange as I could get. After I painted orange over brown on the tyrants pants because it looked good with blue shoes I knew I had to do it. 


Here is a little closer to reality picture without the flash. I've mixed up a whole pot of burnt orange paint, I can't wait to see it all over the army.

Finally a closer look at the tyrant. He has his to go cup Gnoblar, holding a cask of Bugman's (super fine point Sharpie's are great). The Ironguts all have kegs on them as well, they are his drinking buddies. In this picture you can also see the longhorn shape on the Ogre unit champion, I'm not sure how happy I am with how it turned out. Any pointers?

Well, that's all for now. Hook 'Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment