Thursday, November 17, 2011

1500 Lists, Vote in the Poll

Hey everyone,

I'm bored in Estate Planning, so here are a couple lists that I am thinking of running for a 1500 point Rogue Trader after finals in December.

First we have my Draigo Paladin army that I have been working on since this summer. I just got a finecast Draigo that wasn't too bad, so now I can use the army. The main plan here is to to just say fuck it and throw down 20 Paladins in 1500 points. I can deep strike or scout them if need be, or give them counter attack or re-roll some 1s. I am thinking of splitting them up into 4 squads for multiple objective games, or maybe just have two bricks. I think this will be a challenging list, and will need to find time to practice with it.




GK 1495
HQ
275 Draigo

Troops
630 10 Paladins, 4 psycannons
590 10 Paladins, 2 psycannons


Next we have my tried and true Space Wolves, this has a lot more bodies. It's much more balanced. I am actually including jaws because necrons might be making an appearance. Otherwise I still think it is so unreliable to be almost useless. Tempests Wrath is my favorite power, but I have not seen it be as useful here in Lubbock as it would have been in Austin. It can just bone skimmer armies, or at least make them hesitate, same with jump armies, and that is totally worth it. But I don't see so many of those up here. Therefore living lightning is a good all rounder back up. 

Normally I am all about a thunderwolf lord, but just didn't have the points, I was going to run a WGBL, but you can get two single thunderwolves with storm shields for not too much more, and with the same about of wounds. So, I know they may not be the most "competitive" unit, but I love me some thunderwolf cavalry. 



SW 1494

HQ
100 Runepriest, Tempests Wrath, Living Lightning 
105 Runepriest, Jaws of the World Wolf, Living Lightning, Wolf tail talisman

Elites
129 3 wolfguard with powerfist and combi melta

Troops
170 8 Grey Hunters , meltagun , wolf standard, rhino 
170 8 Grey Hunters, meltagun , wolf standard, rhino 
145 7 Grey Hunters , meltagun,  rhino 
195 10 Grey Hunters, 2 plasmaguns, rhino 

Fast Attack
100 Thunderwolf, Stormshield, wolf claw
95 Thunderwolf, Stormshield, power weapon

Heavy Support
140 6 longfangs, 5 missiles 
145 5 long fangs, 2 missiles, 2 lascannons

So dear readers, I leave my army up to you. Which army do I play in the after finals RT? There should be a poll on the upper right side of the page. 

Also, if you have any ideas on how to improve either of these lists, leave em in the comments, or get a hold of me on Twitter, @bryce963 

Now, back to studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment